Welcome to Patricia online store!

Patricia.fi

History

  

100 years of Finnish expertise

  • 1912 Founder Julia Sjöblom opened her first sewing workshop and store in Helsinki, registering the company as Oy Sjöblom Ab
  • 1932 The success of the workshop and store led to the company expanding and the second shop was opened in Helsinki. Aside from the company’s own corsetry and bra production, Julia also began importing some of the world’s leading lingerie brands to Finland.
  • 1949 Julia’s lingerie products proved to be very successful and the company started selling products to wholesale customers.
  • 1953 The launch of Peter Pan brassieres with classic such as “Merry-Go- Round”. The “Hidden Treasure” bra was revolutionary as one of the first bras ever to use padding in the lower part of the cup.
  • 1958 The Patricia brand is born and became one of the leading Finnish brands.
  • 1962 Patricia measured 27 000 Finnish women and the data from these measurements are still in use at the company today.
  • 1983 Rigby & Peller commenced a long and successful cooperation with Patricia of Finland.
  • 1991 Patricia’s director attended lunch with the British Queen in recognition of the “Patricia of Finland” brand being one of the brands delivered to the British Royal Family.
  • 1998 A Finnish survey showed that “Patricia of Finland” is the best known lingerie brand in the country.
  • 2004 Patricia returned to its retail roots and opened its flagship retail store of 200 square metres in Helsinki centrum.
  • 2004 Tampere store was opened
  • 2007 Joensuu store was opened
  • 2010 The fifth Patricia store was opened in the university city of Jyväskylä. In 2012 “Patricia of Finland” participated in the Moda UK lingerie fair with its own stand. Some of Patricia’s products were included in the Fashion Show at the Moda fair, reflecting the leading edge of Patricia’s collections.
  • 2015 “Patricia of Finland” opened their own webshop.